Mill River Resort Vision
To develop the Mill River Property, to be a Centre of Excellence for tourism, recreation, and wellness in West Prince.
- Provide exceptional guest service as the leader of the Health and Wellness team by managing and monitoring all employees, services, and activities in the recreation center.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Providing personalized and exceptional guest service at every given opportunity.
- Understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Adhere to and keep staff accountable to all Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety, corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives.
- Lead with the philosophy that we can always do better and to take time to critically analyse the daily operation to produce new ways to “wow our guests.”
- Supervision of pool, fitness center,
- Operate and adjust heat, air conditioning, lighting, etc… as needed and applicable to your work area.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns task lists of responsibility.
- Performs payroll tasks as scheduled and adjusts prior to submitting.
- Develop promotions and/programs that will attract new guests and give repeat guests reasons to return.
- Interpret and react in a team approach to challenges in your department.
- Monitor hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.
- Effective everyday communications, including performance management.
- Actively participate in the weekly Management Committee meetings.
- Lead, hire, train, coach, develop and supervise all wellness team members.
- Perform regular inventory and assist in ordering special items for the department.
- Upkeep and maintenance of the fitness center and pool area facilities and equipment.
- Ensure daily communication to all department staff of daily goals.
- Maintaining and balancing the pool water and Hot Tub
- Oversee opening and closing of the pool and fitness center.
- Conduct safety, efficiency and integrity checks of all areas.
- Implement programs and improvements for a more efficient operation of the related facilities.
- Perform front line attendant duties as needed.
- Ensure all staff have all required and up to date safety/training certifications.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Guest Care
- Quality Orientation
- Accountability and Dependability
- Problem Solving
- Ethics and Integrity
Qualification & Skills:
- Post Secondary education or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1 year of management experience.
- Minimum 2 years of pool, and/or fitness center experience.
- WHMIS training considered an asset.
- First Aid & CPR certification considered an asset.
- Superior time management, attention to detail, organization, and problem resolution skills
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills
- Have high quality of standards for service, customer service focused.
- Be courteous and friendly, genuinely like interacting with people.
- Strong team player
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Be trustworthy and reliable.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills
- Flexible availability for days, evenings, holidays, and weekends
You Are Welcome Here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to feel comfortable being yourself and to know you are important to us. You will make an impact in your role, and for that, you’ll be appreciated and valued.
Please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumés can also be dropped off to the front desk at any time.